Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- We offer a 12 months warranty on all products used in private household situations. Any additional warranties offered for a particular item or product displayed on the Site will appear on that product's product information web page.
- This warranty only applies to the original purchaser where the products are delivered to an Australian delivery address and remain in Australia. This warranty is not transferable.
How to claim a warranty against defects
All warranty claims must be directed through Customer Service. Please do not return or post items before obtaining instructions from Customer Service - if you do, there is a risk that your returned item may not be identifiable and your claim may not be accepted. In order to make a claim, please be prepared to provide Customer Service with:
- The purchaser’s name and order delivery address
- Modaliving product details;
- Details of the defect or damage in relation to which you are making a claim under the warranty;
Once notification of a defect is received, a representative of Modaliving customer service will help determine whether your warranty claim is valid, and if it is, you may be required to provide us with photographic evidence of the defect or damage, where applicable;
- If your product is determined to be faulty, we will do our best to resolve the issue in a timely manner. We will choose whether to repair or replace that part or product.
- If any item or product is returned to us for refund, repair, or replacement, you must return it to us, at your own cost, and ensure that the item or product is properly packaged to prevent any damage during transit. We will not be responsible for any damage to the item or product during transit.
- If, after examining or assessing the item or product, we determine that there has been no breach of our warranty:
(a) we reserve the right to charge you for any reasonable costs incurred in the examination or assessment of any item or product, including but not limited to any costs incurred in sending an on-site technician to examine or assess the item or product; and
(b) we reserve the right to charge you for any re-delivery costs incurred to return the item or product to you.
This warranty will not apply in circumstances where:
- Products used in commercial, rental trade or other non-residential use.
- Normal wear and tear associated with the products and components*.
- Damage or defects are caused by improper use, misuse or abuse
- Damaged caused directly or indirectly caused by unprofessional assembling, unauthorized repair, alteration or modification.
- Damaged caused by improper cleaning and treatment of the product with chemicals
- Damage to packaging only
- Minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain or finishing
- Very minor chips or superficial blemishes
- Item located outside of Australia
- The cost of transporting the product to and or from the specified place of repair or replacement.
* Fabrics, cushioning and filling will show signs of wear and tear with use. Fabrics and leathers will fade and crease. Foam and fillings will soften and form to the shape of the user over time. Depending on the covering and degree of use, the covering and cushion fillings may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense. Scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather and not to be considered defects.. Modaliving reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether a component has failed due to a defect or wear and tear.